This morning's task was to look for the men on the beach who sold Caribbean Pearls. Several times we have been approached to buy a pearl necklace along with other types of jewelry. Today was our shopping day. We headed to the beach and a man asked if we knew where we were going. Of course, we did! We noticed he had a t-shirt that said Artisan de Baru. We knew that this was the island where the pearl necklaces were made. So we asked him about pearls and he took us to a resort hotel where he had HIS BAG of pearl jewelry. After much bargaining we bought three pearl necklace for $120,000. Caribbean pearls are not like cultured pearls. The pearls are odd shapes and sizes and the people on the islands string the pearls into necklaces.
Next, we walked to Playa Bonita where we go swimming every day. We were again approached by a vendor looking to sell his jewelry. He showed me his pearls and I told him I was only interested in the pink pearl necklace. I told him we only had $20,000 and he said the necklace was $60,000. I didn't budge on my price and told him "No, I don't want anything else." Eventually, the leader of the group came over and said I could have the pink, pearl necklace for $20,000. A good bargain for me!
We never made it swimming but read on the beach for a while and returned to our casa in time for lunch.
A Tour of Las Palmeras.













No comments:
Post a Comment